- Camp Information
- Camp Fees
- Reasons Why Camp is Important
- Field Trips
- After Camp Care Program
- Required Documents to Register
- Key Dates to Remember
Welcome to the City of Overland Summer Day Camp Program. Our main objective is to provide each camper with a positive camp experience by offering activities that encourage social interaction, cooperation with peers, and productive adult/child contact.
Dates: June 12 – July 21, 2017 Duration: Six (6) Weeks Times: Summer Day Camp 9 am – 3 pm, After Camp Care till 5:30 pm
Ages: Campers 6-12 yrs. old Jr. Counselors: 13-15 yrs. old Max Limit of Kids:120 Campers and 5 Jr Counselors
-$235 for Overland Residents
-$335 for Non-Overland Residents that reside in the Ritenour School District
Jr. Counselors (13-15yrs old)
-$117.50 for Overland Residents
-$167.50 for Non-Overland Residents that reside in the Ritenour School District
After Camp Care
-$35 per week for Overland Residents
-$40 per week for Non-Overland Residents that reside in the Ritenour School District
Offering 50% Non-Refundable Payment down with a completed camp registration form (attachments included) to save child's spot in camp. All remaining camp registration fees are due by May 30th. (Please note the Community Center will be closed on May 28 & 29 in observance of Memorial Day.)
- Adventure and exploration
- Increased physical Activity
- Skill building
- Friendship with peers and adults
- Opportunities for play and imagination
- Positive risk-taking
- Reduced summer learning loss
- Connectedness with nature
- Engagement and leadership
Camp will be held at Norman Myers Park Monday through Friday. The camp will be using St. Ann's Tiemeyer pool again this year and our pool days will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If inclement weather approaches during camp hours we will have access to the Overland Community Center. Check the hotline number in case of inclement weather to find out where camp will be held that day.
The first week and last week of camp there will not be a field trip. There will be a total of four (4) field trips during the summer Camp program. Field trip locations will be announced at the Parents Meeting on May 31st and June 1st. Listed below are past field trips the City of Overland Day Camp have taken:
- Chevy's Fresh Mex Restaurant
- City Museum
- Esquire Movie Theater to see "Despicable Me 2"
- Waplehorst Water Park
- White Birch Water Park
- Glazed and Confused
- Coldstone Creamery
- Magic House
- Aqua Port Water Park
- Ice Skating at the St. Louis Mills
- St. Louis Humane Society
The After Camp Program session runs from June 12 – July 21, 2017 (except July 4th) and is open from 3 pm till 5:30 pm, Monday thru Friday. Spaces are limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis. THIS SERVICE IS PREPAID AND PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE PRIOR TO THE START OF EACH WEEK.
The After Camp Care Program fee is $35 per camper each week as an Overland Resident or $40 per camper each week as an Non-Overland Resident that resides in the Ritenour School District. This charge does not include a beverage or a snack. There is no fee pro-ration.
- A copy of your current Occupancy Permit that lists your child on it.
- A copy of each child's current shot records
- Verification of health insurance
- A completed camp registration form with payment
- March 14: Parents Manual will be available online to view prior to registration.
- March 28: Camp Registration forms available at the Overland Community Center and on the Overland website.
- April 18: Camp Registration begins at 7am at the Overland Community Center
- May 30: All remaining balances for camp registration are due.
- June 3: OBA LOT Party. Come visit the kids area from 4-8pm
- May 31 & June 1: Parent Informational Meeting Night at 7 pm at the Overland Community Center.(Attend 1 night only)
- June 12: First day of Summer Camp!
Questions: Feel free to contact the Overland Community Center
By Phone: 314-428-0490
By Person: Center Hours are Mon - Fri: 6 am – 9 pm, Sat: 8 am - 9 pm, and Sun: Noon - 6 pm
Download our Parent's Manual for Camp
Download our Summer Camp Application and After Camp Care Application
(Note: Applications will not be accepted until April 18th)
oR Like us on Facebook under:
City of Overland Summer Camp