Committee consists of Overland residents and one (1) City Council liaison. The Beautification Committee meets at the Overland Community Center. See the City Calendar for the current schedule.
The committee is tasked with developing proposals for beautification projects throughout the City. The projects are funded by receipts from the City’s Billboard License Tax.
The Beautification Committee has been responsible for a number of projects throughout the City including:
- Identification and placement of "Historical Markers" at historically important sites within the City of Overland
- Ornamental Benches and trash/recycling receptacles through out the City
- Lawn Art (statues) at Mort Jacobs Park
- Pergola at Erickson Plaza
- Light Pole banners throughout the City
- New City entrance signs
The Beautification Committee coordinates the Adopt A Bench Program throughout the City.